We’re excited to announce that we’ve changed all lighting in our Crossville, Tenn.-manufacturing facilities to high efficiency fluorescent fixtures. Previously,1,371 fixtures using 400-watt metal halide bulbs had been used. The switch to fluorescent fixtures is expected to save 2,491,000 kilo watt hours annually for our company.The amount of electricity we’re saving annually would power more than 216 U.S. homes for a year*.
Leadership from Crossville partnered with a team from Global Finishing Systems of Osseo,Wisconsin to plan and implement the retrofit. Global Finishing Systems is a sister company to Crossville under the ownership of holding company the Curran Group. A world leader in the construction of custom spray booths, ovens and finishing systems for liquid and powder coating of large equipment, Global Finishing Systems manufactures superior lighting solutions and was able to provide guidance and bulbs to make Crossville’s energy savings transformation possible.
We strive for sustainability in all aspects of our business. This “lightbulb moment” is just one more way we live up to our commitment to the environment. Here are a few more of ways we make a difference for the environment.
- the Tile Take-Back® program for recycling fired porcelain tile
- water reclamation during manufacturing (99.98% is reused)
- active participation in the Green Squared certification program through the Tile Council of North America
- net consumer of waste thanks to innovative partnership with TOTO America.
Learn more about our sustainable practices at http://www.crossvilleinc.com/sustainable_practices.php.
* based on stats from U.S. Energy Information Administration (eia.gov)